Likeable Media, a marketing agency specializing in social media, hosted a “twitter-view” this afternoon. It was as it sounds, an interview via Twitter using the hashtag #likeablejob. The position was for a social media strategy director, something I am likely not qualified for YET as a graduate student, but an area I am interested in pursuing. From a student perspective, I wanted to use the twitter-view as a learning experience.
Likeable Media GM Cara Friedman posed 12 questions and a frenzy of twitter followers responded sparking some intriguing topics of conversation. The pace of the twitter-view pretty accurately mirrored the on-the-spot feel of interview questions. Things moved so quickly you had to think fast, and then post with the added restriction of a 140 character limit. It was a unique Twitter experience and provided a lot of great new information by reading other participants responses.
I’m curious to see if this actually results in filling the social media strategy director position, but even if not, it succeed in engaging an audience with the Likeable brand, provided some valuable information for future job preperation, and raised good questions to inspire me to keep learning and exploring this vast new world of interactive and social media.
Below are the questions Cara asked and my corresponding answers.
Q2: What are some brands that you find likeable on social media and why?
- I missed this question it seems.
Q3: What are you passionate about?
- @torrezriley Q3
#likeablejob passionate about learning new skills, web tutorials are taking over my life. Current interest: Air for Android Flash project
Q4: Describe a social media initiative that is off the beaten path that you identify with as a consumer.
Q5: What social media thought leaders do you follow?
Q6: Have you ever been part of an innovative social media campaign? Tell us about it!
Q7: Which social media platform is your favorite for self expression?
Q8: Describe an example where you were driven to exceed client expectations.
- @torrezriley Q8 I help a indie filmmaker with online presence, I go above/beyond by in-person/phone tutorials to help them help themselves
Q9: What tools and applications do you use to analyze your social media initiatives?
- couldn’t relevantly answer this one
Q10: How do you exercise transparency in your everyday life?
- @torrezriley I use real name in social media, I am Jessica Torrez-Riley & proud of it proud of the info I share. No hiding behind annonymity
Q11: New Facebook changes- Yay or Nay for marketers? How can marketers best utilize the new changes? #likeablejob
- @torrezriley Q11: New Facebook = better able to target specific demographics which is good for marketing; but privacy questions are tricky
Then it was opened up for us to ask questions. Here is what I asked and Cara’s responses:
- Response:@torrezriley Be passionate and creative. Stand out in every job/internship you work at! #likeablejob
- Response:@torrezriley SM can be a great platform for yourself! Share great content but don’t hide everything.
- Response:@torrezriley That is our internship program. If you are a grad and want to get started @LikeableMedia, that’s the way in!
- @torrezriley If you are interested tweet at @BTMurr for NY and
@andi_adair for Boston opps.